Files for CCNA and Beyond

The forum to discuss CCNA and Beyond. Here you will find the downloads for the lab files from the book, as well as any downloads for the web page posts.

Moderator: stuart

Files for CCNA and Beyond

PostPosted by stuart » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:27 am

Just posting the files here as well.

Do not unzip the CCNA Main, or CCNA_and_Beyong-Troubleshooting files, just import them into UNetLab.

Do unzip the Wireshark file though!
Attachments
CCNA_and_Beyond-Troubleshooting.zip
(5.46 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
CCNA Main.zip
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
CCNA-and-Beyond-Wireshark-Captures.zip
(49.07 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
stuart
Site Admin

Re: Files for CCNA and Beyond

PostPosted by DigitalMT » Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Are there files that I can use in the Cisco Packet Tracer? Or instructions on how to build things in that?
DigitalMT

PostPosted by stuart » Sun May 22, 2016 7:22 am

DigitalMT wrote:Are there files that I can use in the Cisco Packet Tracer? Or instructions on how to build things in that?

I havnt made this for Packet Tracer, I havnt used PT in nearly ten years, it was the only option when I started my CCNA, but now we are not limited to PT.

If you want to progress as a network engineer then you need to use a platform such as UNetLab, or GNS3. They may be a little harder than PT to get used to, but you will reap the rewards later on.

If there is enough demand, then I might try it in PT, but PT will limit you.
stuart
Site Admin

PostPosted by stuart » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:48 am

Here is the Packet Tracer file for the config.

Please note that the interfaces will be different in PT compared to the book, but there is a list in the PT topology with book to PT mapping.

Just unzip it and open the .pkt file.

CCNAandBeyond-PT.zip
(83.04 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
stuart
Site Admin

PostPosted by DigitalMT » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:33 pm

Thanks!
DigitalMT

PostPosted by 7Blue » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Hi Stuart,
I just order your book, waiting for it to come in the next days.
The labs in the book are the same with the files you have posted in this topic ?
7Blue

PostPosted by stuart » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:10 pm

7Blue wrote:Hi Stuart,
The labs in the book are the same with the files you have posted in this topic ?

Yep, the same ones. Hope you enjoy the book!
stuart
Site Admin

PostPosted by 7Blue » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:28 pm

stuart wrote:
7Blue wrote:Hi Stuart,

Yep, the same ones. Hope you enjoy the book!

Thanks, waiting for for it. In the meantime I was imported the labs, everything seems to be OK so far.
Not sure, about the cisco images, that yor lab has, waiting for book, to doubke check.
Are the ones that Andreea has posted them on unetlab site ?!
7Blue

PostPosted by netdav » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:26 pm

I've upgraded to to Eve-ng version 2.0.3-79 since starting the labs. I worked through the CCNA Main lab ok. But now when importing the CCNA Troubleshooting lab, the Startup configs won't launch with the IOL images. My existing labs were fine that were loaded prior to upgrading eve-ng. But I imported the t-shoot lab afterwards. I've gone through every setting using the WebUI, insuring the startup configs exist and are exported. I see the config files associated with the nodes, but after starting any node it launches the initial configuration wizard when connecting to a console. I'm at a loss how to proceed.

***Update
So I deleted the lab, downloaded again from the website, imported, went into each node selecting a version of IOL that matched the startup config, selected Exported startup config for each node, then finally started the lab last and it all worked. Problem solved...
netdav

Troubleshooting Lab

PostPosted by netdav » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:49 pm

FYI,
The T-shoot lab instructs students to only run commands locally to the device you are on to solve issues with connecting to the next device. Starting with the Client, (7.1) it appears that only the interface IP is incorrect for E0/0. But since the adjacent SW1 is running VTP in Server mode, the VLAN database is incomplete as eve-ng can't load a vlan.dat file. So any switch running in Server mode needs to manually have it's database initialized by first creating any missing VLANs.
netdav

Next

Return to CCNA and Beyond